Recipe courtesy of Emilia Tomaszycki, Executive Pastry Chef, Bonita Bay Club (Bonita Springs, Fla.)
- Rum Infused Cheesecake
- cream cheese - 908 gms.
- sugar - 480 gms.
- vanilla beans - 1 ea.
- eggs - 200 gms.
- yolks - 40 gms.
- whole milk - 60 gms.
- sour cream - 1134 gms.
- rum extract - 50 gms.
- silver gelatin sheets - 25 gms.
- Coconut Sable
- sugar - 396 gms.
- coconut flakes - 100 gms.
- pastry flour - 1162 gms.
- salt - 8 gms.
- unsalted butter, soft - 680 gms.
- eggs - 2 ea.
- egg yolks - 120 gms.
- water - 24 gms.
- Pineapple Compote
- pineapple, small diced - 500 gms.
- sugar - 100 gms.
- pectin - 2 gms.
- vanilla bean paste - 4 gms.
- Coconut Crystals
- isomalt - 200 gms.
- desiccated coconut - 50 gms.
- Coconut Shavings
Procedure for Rum Infused Cheesecake
- Cream the cheese, sugar and vanilla bean until smooth.
- Slowly add eggs, yolks and milk.
- Add sour cream and mix until smooth.
- Transfer to hotel pan and bake at 275 covered with tin foil until set.
- Bloom gelatin.
- Scrape hot cheesecake from pan and add gelatin and extract.
- Strain and pipe into desired molds.
- Freeze and unmold.
Procedure for Coconut Sable
- Combine sugar, coconut, flour and salt.
- Mix in butter until it resembles coarse oatmeal.
- Add in eggs, yolks and water. Mix until combined.
- Chill for at least 2 hours.
- Roll to 1/4” thin and bake at 350 degrees between two Air Mats until golden around the edges.
Procedure for Pineapple Compote
- Cook all ingredients in a small saucepan over medium heat until pineapple is soft.
Procedure for Coconut Crystals
- cook isomalt till fully melted. Pour onto silpat and spread paper thin.
- Sprinkle with coconut. Let cool and store with dry sec packets.
- Place two bars of cheesecake next to each other on plate, then shift so they are 3/4” offset.
- Place 2 coconut sable on the outer parts of the cheesecake, and shift those 3/4 “ in the same directions.
- Garnish with 3 pieces of freshly shaved coconut and 1 shard of coconut crystal.
- Gently spoon pineapple compote on either side of the cheesecake and a couple of pieces on top.
- Finish with a small bunch of snow crystal.