- Yield: 4 servings
Grilled Soft-Shell Maryland Crab Sandwich with grilled Amish corn
Recipe courtesy of Richard Jallet, Executive Chef, Baltimore (Md.) Country Club.
- soft-shell crab whales - 4 (measure 5 1/2 – 6 inches)
- Amish corn - 4 ears, shucked
- salad oil - for corn
- old bay seasoning - to season
- Old Bay Butter - see recipe below
- queso fresco - 1/2 oz.
- chives - for topping
- buns - 4
- For Old Bay Butter
- butter - 1/2 cup, softened
- old bay seasoning - to taste
- For Pepper Cabbage Slaw
- cabbage - 1/2 head, shredded
- mini-sweet peppers - 1/2 lb., thinly sliced
- white balsamic vinegar - 2 ozs.
- salad oil - 2 ozs.
- salt - to taste
- pepper - to taste
- sugar - to taste
- For Chesepeake Remoulade
- mayonnaise - 1 cup
- Worcestershire sauce - 1/2 tsp.
- lemon juice - 1/4 tsp.
- Old Bay seasoning - to taste
- Remove gills, trim crabs.
- Season cleaned crabs with Old Bay.
- Grill over high heat for three minutes each side.
- Oil the shucked corn and place on grill over high heat. Rotate corn until slightly blackened on all sides.
- Finish corn with Old Bay butter, queso fresco and chives.
For Old Bay Butter:
- Whip butter and Old Bay together.
For Pepper Cabbage Slaw:
- Mix all ingredients together.
For Chesapeake Remoulade:
- Mix ingredients together.