Recipe courtesy of Douglas Anderson, Executive Chef, the Four Seasons Washington D.C.
- Brioche - 10 slices (thinly sliced)
- smoked Gouda - 1 lb. (thinly sliced)
- Kimchee - 1 lb.
- grilled scallions - 20 each
- Gochujang Hot Sauce - 1 cup (see recipe as needed)
- stick soft butter - 1 each
- For Gochujang Hot Sauce
- Kochujang - 5 Tbsps. (Korean chili pepper paste)
- sugar - 1 Tbsp.
- honey - 2 Tbsps.
- rice wine vinegar - 3 Tbsps.
- minced garlic - 2 tsps.
- sesame - 1 tsp.
- Cover each slice of bread with smoked gouda.
- Roughly chop and sauté kimchee over medium heat for two minutes to infuse flavor.
- Let kimchee slightly cool and evenly distribute between half of the bread slices.
- Spoon some of the Gochujang sauce over the top of the kimchee then cover each half with the remaining bread, cheese side down.
- Butter both sides and bread and toast on a griddle until the bread is golden and the cheese is melted. Serve.
- For Gochujang Hot Sauce: Mix all ingredients together thoroughly.