Grilled Citrus Bronzini with Heirloom Tomato Relish, Quinoa Tabbouleh, Pomegranate Mint Emulsion and Petit Arugula
Recipe courtesy of Anthony J Capua IV, Executive Chef, Sycamore Hills Golf Club, Fort Wayne Ind.
- Ingredients for Heirloom Tomato Relish
- kosher salt - 1/2 tsp., divided
- garlic - 2 cloves, minced
- heirloom tomatoes - 1 lb., coarsely chopped
- onion - 1 medium
- olive oil - 3 Tbsps.
- capers - 1/4 cup, drained
- fresh lime juice - 2 Tbsps., squeezed from 1/2 large lime
- oregano or thyme - 1 tsp., fresh
- salt and pepper - to taste
- Ingredients for Quinoa Tabbouleh
- tri-colored quinoa - 1 cup
- olive oil - 1/4 cup
- Italian parsley - 1 bunch, fresh
- lemon - 1 ea., zested and juiced
- olive oil - 3 Tbsps.
- English cucumber - 1 ea., seeded
- heirloom tomato 4*5 - 1 ea.
- fresh mint - 1/4 cup
- Ingredients for Pomegranate Mint Emulsion:
- champagne vinegar - 2.5 cups
- pomegranate molasses - 1 cup
- mint - 1/4 cup
- dark brown sugar - 1/2 cup
- Ingredients for Citrus Grilled Bronzini
- 11/2-2lb. bronzini - 1 whole, scaled and gutted
- lemon - 1/2 ea., sliced
- rosemary sprigs - 2 ea.
- thyme sprig - 1 ea.
- bay leaves - 2
- olive oil - 2 Tbsps.
Procedure for Heirloom Tomato Relish:
- Chop tomatoes and onions and add to the bowl. Add the rest of the ingredients to the
- Bowl and gently toss to blend. Season with more salt and pepper if desired.
Procedure for Quinoa Tabbouleh:
- Pour 2 cups of water into a medium saucepan and bring to a boil. Add the quinoa and 1 teaspoon of salt lower the heat and simmer, covered, for 12 minutes, until the grains are tender and open. Drain, place in a bowl and immediately add the lemon juice, olive oil and 1 to 1 1/2 teaspoons of salt.*
- In a large bowl, combine the parsley, cucumber, tomatoes, 1 to 2 teaspoons of salt* and 1 teaspoon of pepper. Add the quinoa and mix well. Carefully fold in the feta and taste for seasonings. Serve at room temperature or refrigerate and serve cold.
Procedure for Pomegranate Mint Emulsion:
- Steep mint in molasses for 24 hrs and remove. In a small, nonreactive saucepan, combine vinegar and brown sugar over medium heat, occasionally stirring, until reduced by three-quarters. Whisk in molasses.
Procedure for Citrus Grilled Bronzini:
- Light a grill or preheat a grill pan. Season the fish cavities with salt and pepper—stuff e cavity with a thyme and rosemary sprig, a bay leaf, and 2 lemon slices. Rub the outside of the brozini with olive oil and season with salt and pepper.
- Grill bronzini on the grill for 6 minutes on each side, remove off the grill and serve with a brush of olive oil. Enjoy