- Yield: 10 slices/ 1 10" cake
Currahee Club’s Pumpkin Cheesecake
Recipe courtesy of Veejooruth Purlmessue, Pastry Chef, Currahee Club.
- Preheat the oven to 225F.
- In a mixing bowl add sugar, cream cheese, and pumpkin puree. Mix until creamy.
- In a separate bowl add eggs, egg yolks, cinnamon, salt, nutmeg, vanilla, heavy cream, cornstarch and mix it all together. Then combine this mixture into the first bowl and set aside.
- In a third bowl make a crust. Using a food processor mix the graham crackers to a fine stage. Mix in the melted butter on top of the graham cracker crumbs.
- Pour the graham cracker mixture into the cake pan and press it down firmly and evenly, filling the bottom of the cake pan.
- Pour the cream cheese mixture into the crust.
- Create a water bath by filling a baking pan with warm water. Place the cake pan into the water bath. Bake for 1 hour. To ensure the cake is fully baked, softly place the tip of a butter knife into the middle of the cake. If the knife comes out clean, it is ready.
- Keep the cake out to cool down to room temperature, about 1 hour before slicing into this delicious cake.