Curly Spinach & Red Quinoa Bowl
Recipe courtesy of Timothy Rios, CEC, AAC, HGT, Executive Chef, Knollwood Club, Lake Forest, Ill.
- curly spinach - 1.5 cups
- vine-ripened tomato - 5 small, cut in different shapes
- red onion - 1 Tbsp., grilled and marinated with EVOO and herbs, salt and pepper
- egg - 1 fried, sunny-side-up
- goat cheese - 1 Tbsp., crumbled
- espelette pepper - sprinkle, for egg
- salt and pepper - to taste
- sherry vinegar - 1 tsp.
- Greek EVOO - 1 Tbsp.
- red quinoa - 2 Tbsps., cooked
- In a large stainless-steel mixing bowl: Add spinach, quinoa, tomatoes, red onion
- Season with salt and pepper; add sherry vinegar and EVOO and toss well.
- Meanwhile, cook egg to sunny-side-up (or member’s/guest’s protein preference**); add salt and pepper
- Place dressed salad in appropriate china bowl.
- Add goat cheese
- Season egg with espelette pepper
- Add additional protein if ordered
** Add choice of: grilled marinated 6-oz. breast of chicken / grilled marinated Gulf shrimp / Grilled verlasso salmon
(** Member’s/guest’s preference)