- Yield: 1 quart
Cream of Cauliflower Soup with Foie Gras Cromesquis
Recipe courtesy of Tyler Field, Executive Chef, The Club at Mediterra, Naples Fla.
- For Cream of Cauliflower
- leeks - 5 ozs., diced, white only
- celery stalk - 1, chopped with leaves
- bacon - 1 piece, applewood smoked, 13/17
- butter - 1 oz.
- cauliflower - 13 ozs, florets
- chicken stock - 40 ozs. or vegetable stock
- potato - 3 ozs., peeled and sliced
- bay leaf - 1 each
- thyme - 1 sprig leaf
- celery salt - to taste
- salt - to taste
- white pepper - to taste
- verjus - 1.5 ozs.
- For Garnish
- roasted red pepper lozenge
- cauliflower florets
- orange supremes
- radish rondelle
- picked mustard seeds
- petite herbs
- tarragon oil
- foie gras cromesquis
- Chop the leek, celery and bacon and sweat in butter for five minutes.
- Cut the cauliflower and sweat it with the other vegetables.
- Add the stock, potatoes, bay leaf and thyme to the sweating vegetables.
- Simmer slowly for 20 to 30 minutes.
- Remove the bay leaves and thyme.
- Season to taste with celery seed, salt and pepper.
- Process the soup in the Vita Prep to a smooth texture, and season to taste with salt, pepper, and verjus.