- Yield: 4 servings
Recipe courtesy of Stewart Redhead, Executive Chef, New Orleans Country Club, New Orleans, La.
- sweet potato - 1, julienne or sliced ona mandolin
- egg - 1
- whole milk - 2 ozs.
- raw oysters - 32
- corn flour - for dredging
- goat cheese - 4 Tbsp., crumbled
- bacon - 1/2 cup, rendered lardons or pork belly
- Crystal butter - 1/2 cup, see recipe as needed
- green onion - for garnish
- For Crystal Butter
- white wine - 1/2 cup
- Crystal hot sauce - 1/2 cup
- garlic clove - 1, minced
- sugar - 1 tsp.
- butter - 1/2 lb., cupped and at room temperature
- salt - to taste
- Fry shoestring sweet potatoes and hold for service.
- Combine the egg and whole milk and drop the oysters into the egg wash. Dredge oysters in corn flour.
- Fry at 350°F for about 2 minutes, or until corn flour is crispy.
- Place the fried sweet potatoes on plates and top them with fried oysters. Add crumbled goat cheese and bacon, then spoon 1 oz. of Crystal butter across each palte. Garnish with green onion.
For Crystal Butter
- In a saucepan on medium heat, reduce the wine and hot sauce with garlic and sugar to 1/4 cup of liquid.
- Turn the heat off and whisk in butter, one cube at a time. Adjust salt to taste and hold in warm area.