Cinnamon-Infused Chocolate Ganache with pressed peaches and garden mint
Recipe courtesy of Andrea Griffith, Executive Chef, Pursell Farms, Sylacauga, Ala.
- 64% chocolate - 260 grams (I prefer Valrhona), melted
- heavy cream - 600 grams, steeped with three cinnamon sticks
- farm-fresh honey - 90 grams
- glucose syrup - 50 grams
- salt - 2 grams
- agar - 1/5 grams
- gelatin - 6 grams, bloomed
- For Peaches and Mint
- local peaches
- fresh honey - 2 tsps.
- sprig fresh mint - 1
- cardamom pod - 1
- Combine heavy cream, honey and glucose.
- Combine salt and agar and add to cream.
- Warm cream and boil for one minute, stirring occasionally. The mixture should thicken slightly.
- Add gelatin, mix and strain over chocolate. Let the ganache sit for one minute and blend with immersion blender on low speed.
- Pour onto a lined sheet pan and chill for two hours uncovered. When the ganache has set, score into desired shapes and peel.
For Peaches and Mint:
- Wash your peaches well and split them in half.
- Place peaches in vacuum bag with the honey, mint and cardamom pod.
- Vacuum-seal the bag and place in a water bath at 64° Celsius.
- Allow to cook until tender.
- Cool peaches and remove from the bag.
- Sear peaches in a little oil, fresh-side down, and return liquid to that pan.
- Flip peaches and baste in the juices until well-glazed.
- Reserve for plating.