- Yield: 24 pieces
Chocolate and Toffee Dome, Amarena Cherries, Sugar Crown
Recipe courtesy of Pedro Sanchez, CEC, Executive Chef of BraeBurn Country Club, Houston, Texas
- Hydrate gelatin sheets in water until soft, drain properly to get rid of excess liquid.
- In a bowl whisk together the sugar and the egg yolks until all blended.
- In a pan heat up 1 quart of heavy cream and half of the toffee pieces, bring to a boil and whisk it until the toffee is melted the bring back to a simmer.
- Add a ladle of the toffee/cream mixture to the egg yolks then add the egg yolks and the gelatin sheets to the mix. Whisk until fully incorporated. Remove from the heat and cool down.
- In a clean and dry bowl whisk the egg whites until soft peaks are formed.
- In a different pot melt the semi-sweet chocolate chips with one cup of milk. Whisk until fully melted, cool down and set aside. Do the same procedure for the white chocolate chips and reserve.
- Fold the chocolate ganache with the whipped cream, the toffee/cream mixture, the remaining toffee pieces and the egg white merengue.
- Pipe the mixture to a half sphere silicone mold and freeze.
- Once frozen garnish with dark and white chocolate ganache, place the sugar crown on top
- Use the Amareno cherries with the syrup for the corners of the plate and place on top of the dome.