- Yield: 6 servings
Chef Hosie’s Booya-Mary
Recipe courtesy of Hosie Bourgeois, Executive Chef, Beau Chene Country Club, Mandeville, La.
- For Buffalo Drink
- Absolut Peppar - 9 ozs.
- Herbsaint or Pernod - 1 oz.
- yellow tomatoes - 4 medium size, cored, peeled and blended*
- clam juice - 2 ozs.
- lemon - 1/2, juiced
- Lea & Perrins Worcestershire Sauce - double dash
- old bay seasoning - 1 tsp.
- For Garnish
- jumbo boiled shrimp - 12, tail on
- raw oysters - 12, optional
- jumbo lump crab meat - 6 ozs.
- sashimi grade Ahi tuna - 6 ozs., medium dice
- mussels - 12, steamed
- pickled haricots verts - to taste
- fennel leaves - to taste, optional
- celery sticks - 6, long
- old bay seasoning - to rim glass
*Tip to easily peel tomatoes—score an X in the bottom of the tomato with a paring knife and drop in boiling water for about three minutes, or until skin begins to peel off. Ice down tomatoes and peel.
- Moisten rim of a large margarita glass and dip in Old Bay Seasoning.
- Mix drink ingredients in a shaker and serve over ice in the glass.
- Garnish with seafood and vegetables.
- Serve with a cocktail fork.