- Yield: 1 serving
Cajun Shrimp Boil
Recipe courtesy of Tom Freimuth, Executive Chef, Ocean Trail Restaurant, Talking Stick Resort, Scottsdale, Ariz.
- shrimp - 3/4 lb. 26/30, peeled and deveined
- white wine - 1 cup
- lemon juice - 1 Tbsp.
- shallot - 1 Tbsp., chopped
- garlic - 1 Tbsp., chopped
- onion - 1 Tbsp. + 1 tsp., diced
- celery - 1 Tbsp. + 1 tsp., diced
- green pepper - 1 Tbsp. + 1 tsp., diced
- cayenne pepper - 1/4 tsp. or to taste
- blackened seasoning - 1/2 tsp.
- salt - to taste
- butter - 1 Tbsp.
- chived - pinch, chopped
- lemon wedges - 2
- Put all ingredients (except butter, chives and lemon wedges) in a small pan and bring to a boil.
- When the shrimp are cooked, remove the pan from the heat and swirl in the butter.
- Check the seasoning and adjsut as necessary.
- Serve in a bowl and garnish with chopped chives and lemon wedges.