Boursin and Chicken Tinga Relleno
Recipe courtesy of Robert Meitzer, CEC, AAC, Executive Chef, Forest Lake Club (Columbia, S.C.).
- Ingredients for Relleno:
- Poblano Pepper - 4 charred, peeled, seeded
- Boursin Cheese Cubes - 24 cubes
- Shredded Cheddar Cheese - 2 cups
- Pulled Chicken - 1 cup
- Cumin - 1 tsp.
- chili powder - 1 tsp.
- eggs - 3 ea., seperated
- flour - 1 cup
- Ingredients for sauce:
- yellow peppers - 3 charred, peeled, seeded, chopped
- onion - 1/2 cup, chopped
- garlic - 4 cloves, chopped
- cumin - 1 tsp.
- chicken stock - 1/2 cup
- cayenne pepper - 1 pinch
- salt - to taste
- pepper - to taste
- Relleno Place cheese, chicken, and seasoning into a bowl and smash together by hand. Carefully stuff each pepper and roll in flour. Whip egg whites to stiff peak and fold in egg yolks. Dip stuffed chili into egg mixture and place into a shallow hot pan with oil. Brown all sides and finish in oven if needed.
- Sauce Place all ingredients into the saucepan and simmer for 20 minutes. Puree with an immersion blender and keep hot until service.