Recipe courtesy of Hyewon Kwon, Executive Pastry Chef, Broken Sound Club (Boca Raton, Fla.)
- White Chocolate Mousse
- gelatin sheets - 5 gms.
- Valrhona Ivoire white chocolate - 180 gms.
- whole milk - 70 gms.
- vanilla bean - 2 ea.
- whipped cream - 500 gms.
- bourbon - 2 Tbsp.
- Bourbon-Smoked Pavlova
- pear wood chips, soaked in bourbon - as needed
- egg whites - 280 gms.
- granulated sugar - 200 gms.
- cream of tartar - 1 tsp.
- confectioners’ sugar - 200 gms.
- vanilla bean - 3 ea.
- Raspberry Confit
- fresh raspberry - 250 gms.
- lemon juice - 1 Tbsp.
- lemon zest - 1 ea.
- orange zest - 1 ea.
- granulated sugar - 50 gms.
- vanilla bean - 1 ea.
- pectin powder - 3/4 tsp.
- fresh raspberries - 100 gms.
- Roasted Rose
- egg whites - 280 gms.
- granulated sugar - 400 gms.
Procedure for White Chocolate Mousse
- Bloom gelatin. Once bloomed, place in bowl with semi-melted white chocolate.
- In medium sauce pot, bring milk and vanilla bean to a boil. Add to chocolate and gelatin mixture and stir until completely melted. Set aside to cool.
- In a mixing bowl, add heavy cream and whip until soft peaks are formed.
- Fold whipped cream into cooled chocolate and gelatin mixture until fully incorporated. Refrigerate overnight.
Procedure for Bourbon-Smoked Pavlova
- Soak pear wood chips in bourbon and prepare a smoke gun.
- Combine egg whites, sugar and cream of tartar and whip on medium speed. While whipping, add smoke with smoke gun. Incorporate bourbon-soaked wood smoke into the meringue.
- Add confectioners’ sugar and vanilla bean, then fold until fully incorporated.
- Pipe into dome shape and bake at 200°F for 2 hours.
Procedure for Raspberry Confit
- In medium sauce pot, combine fresh raspberry, lemon juice and zests, sugar and vanilla bean. Cook on medium heat until berries are macerated.
- Slowly add pectin and cook for 3 to 5 minutes. Remove from heat and cool.
- Once cool, add fresh raspberries and combine.
Procedure for Roasted Rose
- Combine egg whites and sugar over double boiler.
- Whisk until sugar is dissolved, then transfer to a mixer and whisk on full speed until firm Swiss meringue is formed.
- Pipe into rosette shape and torch until golden brown. Set aside.
- Take dehydrated meringue dome and fill halfway with raspberry confit.
- Cover the remaining space with white chocolate mousse.
- Garnish with roasted rose, fresh raspberries and edible flowers.