- Yield: 8 servings
Bourbon Pecan Chicken
Submitted by Lance Warren, Executive Chef, Bent Tree Country Club, Dallas, Texas
- boneless chicken breasts - 8, skinless
- salt - to taste
- pepper - to taste
- pecans - 1 cup, chopped
- panko bread crumbs - 1 cup
- mayonnaise - 1 cup
- clarified butter - 1/4 cup
- dijon mustard - 1/4 cup
- lemon juice - 2 Tbsps.
- dark brown sugar - 1/4 cup
- bourbon - 4 Tbsps.
- Worcestershire sauce - 1 Tbsp.
- unsalted butter - 1 lb., chilled and cubed
- Lightly pound the chicken breast into thin medallions.
- Season the chicken breast with salt and pepper.
- Stir together the chopped pecans and panko crumbs. Spread the mixture out on a sheet tray.
- Spread a thin coat of mayonnaise on both sides of the chicken breast.
- Press the chicken breasts into the pecan/panko mixture, to coat on both sides.
- Heat the remaining 1/4 cup of clarified butter in a large skillet over medium heat.
- Place the coated chicken breasts in the pan and lightly sauté on both sides until nicely browned and chicken is cooked through (about 5 minutes per side).
- In a small pot, whisk together the Dijon mustard, lemon juice, brown sugar, bourbon and Worcestershire sauce until smooth. Bring to a simmer over medium-low heat, then remove from the burner. Whisk in unsalted butter one piece at a time. Do not return to the heat.
- Accompany the chicken breast with your favorite sides and serve the bourbon butter on the side.