Black Bean Salad with Meyer Lemon Vinaigrette
Recipe courtesy of Josh Tomson, Executive Chef, The Lodge at Woodloch, Hawley, Pa.
- fresh lime juice - 1/3 cup
- olive oil - 1/2 cup
- garlic clove - 1, minced
- salt - 1 tsp.
- ground cayenne pepper - 1/8 tsp.
- black beans - 2 (15 oz.) cans, rinsed and drained
- corn kernels - 1 1/2 cups, frozen
- avocado - 1, peeled, pitted, diced (optional)
- red bell pepper - 1, chopped
- tomatoes - 2, chopped
- green onions - 6, thinly sliced
- fresh cilantro - 1/2 cup, chopped (optional)
- For Meyer Lemon Vinaigrette
- fresh meyer lemon juice - 1/4 cup (or regular lemon juice, not bottled)
- oil - 1/2 cup, flavorless (such as grape seed)
- agave nectar - 2 tsps., to taste
- dijon mustard - 1 tsp.
- salt - to taste
- pepper - to taste
- Place lime juice, olive oil, garlic, salt, and cayenne pepper in a small jar. Cover with lid, and shake until ingredients are well mixed.
- In a salad bowl, combine beans, corn, avocado, bell pepper, tomatoes, green onions, and cilantro.
- Shake lime dressing, and pour it over the salad.
- Stir salad to coat vegetables and beans with dressing, and serve.
For Meyer Lemon Vinaigrette:
- Place all ingredients in a glass jar with a well-fitting lid. Shake well to emulsify the vinaigrette.
- Taste and adjust seasonings.