- Yield: 1 portion
Recipe courtesy of Ryan Arnold, Executive Chef and Mary Beth Darr, Food and Beverage Director, The Club at Old Hawthorne, Columbiam Mo.
- beets - 1/4 cup, 3-4in. size range
- olive oil - 1 tsp.
- acacia honey - 1 tsp.
- white balsamic vinegar - 1 tsp.
- candied walnuts - 1 1/4 ozs., see recipe
- chevre - 1 1/4 ozs.
- sea salt - to taste
- local greens - to garnish
- For Candied Walnuts
- walnuts - 1 1/4 ozs.
- simple syrup - as needed
- raw sugar - as needed, for sprinkling
For Beet Salad
- Blanch the beets whole in salted water at 190° F, until tender. Remove skin while still warm; cut to desired size.
- Dress the beets with olive oil, vinegar and honey while still warm. Cool them on a tray in the refrigerator until service.
- Right before service, place beets on the greens and sprinkle with candied nuts, chevre and sea salt.
For Candied Walnuts
- Boil the nuts in simple syrup for 12 minutes. Drain and place on a sillicon mat and sprinle lightely with raw sugar.
- Cook on tray at 335° F until they rattle on the tray— 6 to 8 minutes.