Atlantic Halibut with Chickpea Puree, Pea Salad and Lime Dressing
Recipe courtesy of Michael Ruggiero, CEC, Executive Chef, GlenArbor Golf Club, Bedford, N.Y.
- Ingredients for pea salad:
- haricot verts - 4-5 ea.
- sugar snap peas - 3-4 ea.
- edamame - as needed
- English peas - as needed
- pea shoots - as needed
- pomegranate seeds - as needed
- Ingredients for lime dressing:
- limes - 3 ea., zested and juiced
- honey - 2 ozs.
- dijon - 2 Tbsps.
- blended oil - 2 cups
- rice wine vinegar - 8 ozs.
- water - 2 ozs.
- Ingredients for Hummus:
- cooked chickpeas - 1 cup, reserve 8-10 to garnish
- tahini - 1 cup
- lemons - 4 ea., juiced
- garlic cloves - 5 ea., minced
- cumin - 1 tsp.
- Ingredients for Atlantic Halibut
- Atlantic halibut - 6 ozs., skin on or off
- salt - as needed
- white pepper - as needed
Procedure for pea salad:
- All Vegetables to be blanched in boiling salted water for half a minute and shocked in ice water bath.
Procedure for lime dressing:
- In Vitamix, add all ingredients but Blended Oil, turn blender on high and stream in blended oil till a blended dressing is made, like mayo/aioli
Procedure for Hummus:
- In Robot Coupe, blend Chickpeas, Lemon Juice, Garlic Cloves, Salt, and Cumin till fine puree. Can add some Extra Virgin Olive Oil to make mix a less firm. Transfer to mixing bowl and whisk Puree with Tahini and reserve.
Procedure for Atlantic Halibut:
- In a sauté pan preheat, add olive oil, about 1-2oz depending on pan size and when light smoke appears sear fish on skin side for 1-2 minutes until browned. Add tbs of whole butter, squeeze a half lemon, and add a sprig of thyme to pan and place in preheated 400 degree oven for 4-5 minutes.
- In a Coupe, Bowl, or favorite plate, smear a little over a tbs of Hummus Puree across plate, place whole cooked chickpeas over puree, drizzle some nice Extra Virgin Olive oil over this. Then place cooked fish on top of puree.
- Mix Pea variety and Pea Shoots 3-4 with Lime Dressing about a tbs, and season with kosher salt.
- Place on top of fish.
- Drop 6-8 pomegranate seeds around and on top of salad. Enjoy with your favorite crisp white wine!