- Yield: 4 entrees
Maine Lobster and English Pea Risotto with shaved truffle and yellow tomato beurre fondue
Recipe courtesy of Keith A. Coughenour CEC, AAC, Executive Chef, Duquesne Club, Pittsburgh, PA.
- For the risotto
- virgin olive oil - 2 Tbsp.
- minced sweet white onions - 1/4 cup
- minced garlic - 1 tsp.
- Arborio rice - 1 1/2 cup
- lobster stock or chicken stock - 5 cups
- freshly grated parmesan cheese - 1/4 cup
- mascarpone cheese - 1/4 cup
- shaved truffle - 12 pieces
- hulled English peas, blanched - 1 cup
- English pea puree - 1/2 cup
- salt and white pepper - to taste
- For the yellow tomato beurre fondue
- olive oil - 1 Tbsp.
- sweet white onions - 1/4 cup
- minced garlic - 1/2 tsp.
- dry white wine - 1/4 cup
- chopped, seeded yellow tomatoes, reserve juice - 2 cups
- unsalted butter - 3 Tbsp.
- salt and pepper - to taste
- For the lobster
- Atlantic lobsters - Four 1 1/2 lb.
- Water - 4 gallons
- champagne vinegar - 1/2 cup
- chopped leeks - 1/2 cup
- chopped carrots - 1/4 cup
- chopped celery - 1/4 cup
- chopped mushrooms - 1/4 cup
- salt - 4 Tbsp.
- freshly cracked white peppercorns - 1 tsp.
For the risotto:
- Heat oil in pan and sweat onions and garlic.
- Add rice and coat well with oil. Increase heat to medium high.
- Add stock in 1/4 cup increments making sure all is absorbed before adding the next 1/4 cup. Stir frequently with wooden spoon.
- After about 16 minutes the rice will still be slightly al dente.
- Add the cheeses and fold in the peas and pea puree.
- Season risotto with salt and pepper.
For the yellow tomato beurre fondue:
- Heat oil in medium sauté pan.
- Add the onions and garlic and sweat for 4 minutes or until onions are translucent.
- Deglaze pan with white wine and reduce to 1 tablespoon of liquid.
- Add the chopped tomatoes and their juices.
- Reduce temperature to a simmer and continue to simmer for 20 minutes covered.
- Remove lid and simmer an additional 3 minutes.
- Transfer to a blender and puree.
- Strain, season with salt and pepper, and place back into cleaned blender.
- Add the butter in small pieces into the machine while it is running.
- Transfer to a sauce container.
- Hold in a warm place until ready to use. Keep covered.
For the lobster:
- Combine all ingredients except the lobster and bring to a boil.
- Drop 2 lobster into the boiling water for 9 minutes.
- Remove and repeat for remaining 2 lobster.
- Split the lobster tails and remove meat.
- Crack 4 of the claws and remove from shells.
- Reserve remaining claws for another use or serve.
- Spoon a 1/2 cup of risotto onto the center of 4 plates.
- Ladle 1/4 cup of the yellow tomato coulis around the risotto.
- Place lobster over the risotto and garnish with the shaved truffle and freshly grated parmesan cheese.