Butternut Squash Soufflé
Recipe courtesy of Jerry Schreck, Executive Chef, Merion Golf Club, Ardmore, Pa.
- Ingredients for Soufflé:
- butternut squash - 1 lb., cubed and steamed
- carrots - 1 lb., diced and steamed
- whole salted butter - 8 ozs., diced
- sugar - 2/3 cup
- flour - 6 Tbsps.
- real vanilla extract - 2 tsp.
- extra large eggs - 6 ea.
- Ingredients for topping:
- corn flakes - 1 1/2 cups
- brown sugar - 1/2 cup
- softened butter - 1/2 cup
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Combine first 6 ingredients in Vitamix food processor and blend for two minutes. Add the eggs, one at a time, until smooth. Pour into a buttered baking dish.
- Bake the soufflé for one hour.
- For the topping: Toss corn flakes, brown sugar and butter together until all is coated. Reserve.
- Add the topping to the soufflé and bake for another 15 minutes.
Chef’s Note: The combined cooking time is 1 hour and 15 minutes.